N. Iowa rolls past S. Dakota St. 72-55
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa (AP)—Kwadzo Ahelegbe scored 16 points and Ali Farokhmanesh added 14, and Northern Iowa raced out to a 21-point halftime lead on the way a 72-55 men’s basketball win over South Dakota State on Sunday.
The Panthers (6-5) shot 63 percent from the field, had three 3-pointers and were 7-for-7 from the line in the first half, which ended with UNI up 40-19. The Jackrabbits (5-8) shot just 28 percent in the first half and 38 percent for the game.
Jordan Eglseder had 11 points and seven rebounds for UNI, which never trailed after jumping out to a 21-5 lead.
UNI turned the ball over only twice in the game.
Garrett Callahan and Clint Sargent had 11 points each to lead SDSU in scoring. Anthony Cordova chipped in 10 points.
- N. Iowa rolls past S. Dakota St. 72-55
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four