Charlotte beats Youngstown State 100-80
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP)—DiJuan Harris scored 20 points and Charlotte had five other players in double figures to beat Youngstown State 100-80 on Sunday.
RaShan Coleman added 16 points and Charlie Coley III had 13 points and 13 rebounds for the 49ers (4-6), who led by as many as 28 points in their third consecutive win.
Phil Jones had 13 points and Lamont Mack and Ian Andersen scored 11 each for Charlotte, which broke the 100-point mark in a game for the first time in four seasons.
Vytas Sulskis hit five 3-pointers and scored 20 points for the Penguins (2-8), who lost for the sixth time in their last seven games. Kelvin Bright had 16 points and Sirlester Martin 14.
Charlotte shot 67.9 percent from the field in the first half (19 of 28) to take command, then extended its lead to 28 points twice in the second.
- Charlotte beats Youngstown State 100-80
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look