Lehigh holds off Monmouth for 80-71 win
WEST LONG BRANCH, N.J. (AP)—Marquis Hall scored 23 points as Lehigh held on for an 80-71 win over Monmouth on Sunday.
Phil Anderson added 16 points and Rob Keefer had 15 for the Mountain Hawks (7-3), who never trailed and led by as many as 30 points in the first half. However, Monmouth (2-12) fought back and eventually cut the lead to 69-62 on George Barbour’s layup with 2:18 left to play, but Lehigh then made 9-of-11 free throws in the final minute to seal the win.
Yaniv Simpson led the Hawks with 25 points—including six 3-pointers—and seven rebounds. Barbour came off the bench to score 13 points, while Mike Myers Keitt finished with 12.
Lehigh won the battle of the boards, outrebounding Monmouth 43-34.
- Lehigh holds off Monmouth for 80-71 win
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Oregon shut down Kansas to advance to Final Four
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament