Lin scores 18 to lead Harvard past Maine, 76-63
ORONO, Maine (AP)—Jeremy Lin shot 75 percent from the field and scored a game-high 18 points to lead Harvard past Maine, 76-63, Sunday afternoon at Alfond Arena.
Lin led a Crimson offense that shot 54 percent from the field for the game as Harvard took the lead for good with 11:30 left in the game. Harvard used an 11-3 scoring run to take a 67-57 lead with 3:10 left and hit 10 of their final 12 free throws to clinch the win.
Peter Boehm had 14 points for the Crimson (5-5) while Andrew Pusar added 12. Dan McGeary and Oliver McNally had 11 and 10 points, respectively, off the bench.
For the Black Bears (5-6), Gerald McLemore scored 18 points. Troy Barnies had 17 points and nine rebounds, while Sean McNally added 10 points and 11 rebounds.
Maine shot 41 percent from the field and outrebounded the Crimson 21-6 on the offensive boards and 42-27 overall, but Harvard shot 48 percent (12-for-25) from 3-point range and outscored Maine 30-9 off the bench.
- Robert Morris 53, Cleveland St. 58
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- Ochefu scores 25, No. 1 Villanova beats St. John's 73-63
- Jackson leads Notre Dame to upset of No. 13 Louisville 71-66
- No. 14 Iowa State beats No. 24 Texas 85-75
- Michigan scores final 11 points to beat No. 18 Purdue 61-56