Delaware beats Boston U., 70-68
BOSTON (AP)—D.J. Boney drained a 3-pointer from the left corner with 4.1 seconds remaining, capping career-high 14 points and sealing Delaware’ 70-68 win over Boston University on Sunday.
Jawan Carter added 16 points and 9 assists to help Delaware stave off the Terriers, who had rallied from eight points down in the final 3:44 to take a 68-67 lead on two free throws by Matt Wolff with 12.5 seconds left.
With BU out of timeouts, Corey Lowe raced into the frontcourt, but was stripped by Carter as time expired. Lowe led the Terriers with 20 points and six rebounds.
Alphonso Dawson led the Blue Hens with 20 points as Delaware (5-6) bagged its third straight win.
Wolff had 10 points and 12 rebounds for the first double-double of his career and the team’s first of the season as Boston University (5-5) lost two straight games for the first time this season.
- Delaware beats Boston U., 70-68
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game