Longwood routs Virginia Intermont 113-60
FARMVILLE, Va. (AP)—Ryan Bogan scored 20 points and Antwan Carter notched a double-double to lead Longwood to a 113-60 rout against Virginia-Intermont on Saturday.
Carter scored 19 points and grabbed 11 boards for the Lancers (6-6), who shot 51.2 percent from the field (43-for-84) in the game. Dana Smith added 18 points.
The Lancers hit 50 percent of their 3-point shots (11 of 22), as Bogan and Kevin Swecker hit three 3-pointers apiece.
Longwood was perfect from the free-throw line, making 16-of-16 shots.
Jimmie Ross scored 16 points to lead the Cobras (2-12), while Akeen Price added 10.
The Cobras shot 38.8 percent from the field (21 of 54).
Longwood never trailed in the game, using a 15-0 run with 4:17 left in the first half to grab a 59-29 lead at the break.
- Longwood routs Virginia Intermont 113-60
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game