Gardner-Webb crushes Ferrum 85-51
BOILING SPRINGS, N.C. (AP)—Aaron Linn scored 17 points to lead Gardner-Webb to an 85-51 victory over Ferrum on Saturday.
Auryn MacMillan finished with 16 points, 11 rebounds and six blocks for the Runnin’ Bulldogs (4-7). Grayson Flittner and C.J. Hailey contributed 14 points apiece. Freshman Joshua Henley also grabbed a season-high 21 rebounds.
The Panthers (6-4) were paced by Derek Mitchell, who finished with 16 points and 10 rebounds. Jerrell Wade had 15 and Keith Crump finished added 12.
Gardner-Webb blocked 14 shots as a team, and limited Ferrum to 30 percent shooting (21-for-70). They also outrebounded the Panthers 53-33.
On offense, the Runnin’ Bulldogs shot 44.4 percent (28-for-63) and dished out 22 assists.
- Gardner-Webb crushes Ferrum 85-51
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0