Porter scores Ducks 79-76 win over Portland in OT
EUGENE, Ore. (AP)—Tajuan Porter shook off a second-half injury and scored the go-ahead basket with 29 seconds left in overtime, lifting Oregon to a 79-76 victory over Portland at McArthur Court on Saturday night.
Nik Raivio missed a short jumper on Portland’s final possession. Oregon’s Joevan Catron converted a pair of free throws with 0.7 seconds left, then stole a long inbounds pass to seal the win for the Ducks (5-6).
Catron’s free throw with 13.5 seconds left in regulation tied the score at 70 and forced overtime.
Freshman guard Garrett Sim led Oregon with 14 points and Porter added 13 despite a right-leg injury that forced him to sit out the end of regulation and the first three minutes of overtime.
The Pilots (5-5) trailed by 14 early in the second half before rallying behind Raivio, who finished with 23 points. It was Oregon’s 700th win at Mac Court.
- Porter scores Ducks 79-76 win over Portland in OT
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot