Porter scores Ducks 79-76 win over Portland in OT
EUGENE, Ore. (AP)—Tajuan Porter shook off a second-half injury and scored the go-ahead basket with 29 seconds left in overtime, lifting Oregon to a 79-76 victory over Portland at McArthur Court on Saturday night.
Nik Raivio missed a short jumper on Portland’s final possession. Oregon’s Joevan Catron converted a pair of free throws with 0.7 seconds left, then stole a long inbounds pass to seal the win for the Ducks (5-6).
Catron’s free throw with 13.5 seconds left in regulation tied the score at 70 and forced overtime.
Freshman guard Garrett Sim led Oregon with 14 points and Porter added 13 despite a right-leg injury that forced him to sit out the end of regulation and the first three minutes of overtime.
The Pilots (5-5) trailed by 14 early in the second half before rallying behind Raivio, who finished with 23 points. It was Oregon’s 700th win at Mac Court.
- Christian Laettner tries to make amends for infamous stomp
- Trier scores 18, No. 17 Arizona holds off UCLA 81-75
- Holder scores 20, Arizona State knocks off No. 23 USC, 74-67
- Disallowed Boise State buzzer-beater should have counted
- Monmouth stuns Rider late in 79-78 win
- Texas lurking near top of Big 12 as 'havoc' takes hold