Youngstown State beats High Point 64-61
HIGH POINT, N.C. (AP)—Jack Liles scored 14 points and grabbed 13 rebounds to lead Youngstown State past High Point 64-61 on Friday night.
After the two teams played to a 31-all tie in the first half, the Penguins (2-7) outscored High Point 33-30 in the second.
Youngstown State had its biggest lead of the game at 60-49 on a Liles layup with 3:53 left in the game. The Panthers (4-7) scored six unanswered points, finishing on a David Singleton layup with 1:28 remaining to bring their deficit within five points at 60-55.
The Panthers closed the gap to three points when David Campbell hit a 3-pointer with 13 seconds left to play, bringing the score to 64-61.
Kelvin Bright scored 14 for Youngstown State and DeAndre Mays had 13 points and seven rebounds.
Nick Barbour led High Point with 21 points and Steadman Short had 10 rebounds.
- Memphis wraps up ambitious non-conference schedule with game against Tennessee
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- Ochefu scores 25, No. 1 Villanova beats St. John's 73-63
- Jackson leads Notre Dame to upset of No. 13 Louisville 71-66
- No. 14 Iowa State beats No. 24 Texas 85-75
- Michigan scores final 11 points to beat No. 18 Purdue 61-56