Youngstown State beats High Point 64-61
HIGH POINT, N.C. (AP)—Jack Liles scored 14 points and grabbed 13 rebounds to lead Youngstown State past High Point 64-61 on Friday night.
After the two teams played to a 31-all tie in the first half, the Penguins (2-7) outscored High Point 33-30 in the second.
Youngstown State had its biggest lead of the game at 60-49 on a Liles layup with 3:53 left in the game. The Panthers (4-7) scored six unanswered points, finishing on a David Singleton layup with 1:28 remaining to bring their deficit within five points at 60-55.
The Panthers closed the gap to three points when David Campbell hit a 3-pointer with 13 seconds left to play, bringing the score to 64-61.
Kelvin Bright scored 14 for Youngstown State and DeAndre Mays had 13 points and seven rebounds.
Nick Barbour led High Point with 21 points and Steadman Short had 10 rebounds.
- Oregon State stuns Washington 86-84 in Pac-12
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin