Saint Louis 73, Liberty 70
ST. LOUIS (AP)—Tommie Liddell III had 15 points and 11 rebounds and blocked a potential game-tying shot at the buzzer to lead Saint Louis to a 73-70 win over Liberty Friday night in the second round of Findlay Toyota Las Vegas Classic.
Kevin Lisch added 20 for the Billikens (6-4), who play DePaul in Las Vegas Monday in the next round of play.
Anthony Smith led the Flames with 21 points and Johnny Stephene added 15. Liberty (7-4) plays Northern Colorado on Monday.
Saint Louis appeared to have the game in hand when Liddell converted a three-point play with 3:58 left to make it 66-49.
But the Flames scored 21 of the next 28 points. Liberty had two chances to tie it but Stephene’s 3-pointer with 12 seconds left missed and Liddell blocked Smith’s 3-pointer at the buzzer.
- Christopherson leads Iowa St. past Lipscomb 81-64
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case