George Mason defeats Radford 67-55
FAIRFAX, Va. (AP)—Cam Ward scored a career-high 21 points, including nine straight to spark a key second-half run, and George Mason defeated Radford 67-55 on Friday night.
Dre Smith added 12 points for Mason, and the Patriots (7-2) shot 10 of 19 from 3-point range to win their second straight and preserve a perfect home record.
Radford’s Artsiom Parakhouski had 11 points and 10 rebounds for his fourth double-double of the season. Martell McDuffy scored 14 points for the Highlanders (3-7) in their third straight loss.
Ward, who added five assists and finished 5-for-6 from 3-point range, hit consecutive 3-pointers to cap a 9-0 stretch where Mason pushed its lead to 57-42. A few possessions later, back-to-back 3-pointers from Louis Birdson and John Vaughan made it 65-48.
Vaughan finished with 11 points, pushing the senior’s career total to 1,004.
- George Mason defeats Radford 67-55
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four