DePaul beats Southern 83-46
ROSEMONT, Ill. (AP)—Dar Tucker scored 21 points and Will Walker added 19 as DePaul beat Southern 83-46 in the second round of the Las Vegas Classic on Friday night.
DePaul (6-4) used a barrage of first half 3-pointers—including four from Tucker—on the way to a 46-24 halftime lead.
Tucker, a sophomore forward, hit 12-of-14 from the field. Mac Koshwal added 14 points and 10 rebounds.
Southern (0-10) managed just 30 percent shooting and committed 20 turnovers. The Blue Demons cemented the win with a 12-0 run midway through the second half.
The Jaguars’ Chris Taylor, Tim Brown and Gregory Horne each led the team with eight points.
The eight-team tournament resumes Monday at Las Vegas’ Orleans Arena. Southern will play South Carolina-Upstate and DePaul will play Saint Louis.
- Illinois moves to 8-0 with upset of No. 19 Gonzaga
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case