Alabama State defeats Auburn-Montgomery 73-64
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP)—Andrew Hayles scored 16 points and Alabama State made 72 percent of its field goals in the second half to defeat Auburn-Montgomery 73-64 on Friday night.
Alabama State (2-6), coming off a tough 85-81 loss to Mississippi, snapped a three-game losing streak.
The Senators (11-2) are ranked No. 8 in the latest NAIA Division I poll.
The Hornets led 29-28 at halftime as both teams struggled from the field in the first half. In the second half, Alabama State made 18 of 25 shots while AUM made 14 of 31 (45.2 percent).
The Hornets outrebounded the Senators 35-34.
Brandon Brooks added 15 points and nine assists for Alabama State, while Chief Kickingstallionsims had 14 points and Roland Fitch chipped in 12.
Robert Johnson and Kim Small scored 15 points apiece for AUM and Ronnie Hickman had 10.
- Gonzaga throttles Xavier to send Mark Few to his first Final Four
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself