Alabama State defeats Auburn-Montgomery 73-64
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP)—Andrew Hayles scored 16 points and Alabama State made 72 percent of its field goals in the second half to defeat Auburn-Montgomery 73-64 on Friday night.
Alabama State (2-6), coming off a tough 85-81 loss to Mississippi, snapped a three-game losing streak.
The Senators (11-2) are ranked No. 8 in the latest NAIA Division I poll.
The Hornets led 29-28 at halftime as both teams struggled from the field in the first half. In the second half, Alabama State made 18 of 25 shots while AUM made 14 of 31 (45.2 percent).
The Hornets outrebounded the Senators 35-34.
Brandon Brooks added 15 points and nine assists for Alabama State, while Chief Kickingstallionsims had 14 points and Roland Fitch chipped in 12.
Robert Johnson and Kim Small scored 15 points apiece for AUM and Ronnie Hickman had 10.
- Shabazz Napier: ‘I gotta question some of these guys’ heart.’
- Canisius hires Reggie Witherspoon as basketball coach
- Clemson signs another transfer, ex-Valparaiso F David Skara
- Lee will transfer from Kentucky, Briscoe returning to school
- Purdue's Swanigan will return to school for sophomore season
- White takes name out of NBA draft pool to return to Huskers