Alabama State defeats Auburn-Montgomery 73-64
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP)—Andrew Hayles scored 16 points and Alabama State made 72 percent of its field goals in the second half to defeat Auburn-Montgomery 73-64 on Friday night.
Alabama State (2-6), coming off a tough 85-81 loss to Mississippi, snapped a three-game losing streak.
The Senators (11-2) are ranked No. 8 in the latest NAIA Division I poll.
The Hornets led 29-28 at halftime as both teams struggled from the field in the first half. In the second half, Alabama State made 18 of 25 shots while AUM made 14 of 31 (45.2 percent).
The Hornets outrebounded the Senators 35-34.
Brandon Brooks added 15 points and nine assists for Alabama State, while Chief Kickingstallionsims had 14 points and Roland Fitch chipped in 12.
Robert Johnson and Kim Small scored 15 points apiece for AUM and Ronnie Hickman had 10.
- Family tragedy spurs UCLA coach Ben Howland to action
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78