Texas-Pan American defeats Texas-San Antonio 74-72
EDINBURG, Texas (AP)—Emmanuel Jones scored 24 points in Texas-Pan American’s 74-72 win over Texas-San Antonio on Thursday night.
Texas-Pan American (4-7) led by as much as 11 in the second half before Texas-San Antonio closed the gap. After Devin Gibson hit a 3-pointer to make it 68-67 with 4:47 left, Jones scored six points. Gibson answered with five points on two jumpers and a free throw.
Nathan Hawkins added 15 points for Texas-Pan American. Jared Maree scored 12 and Nick Weiermiller had 11.
Gibson led Texas-San Antonio (3-4) with 16 points. Travis Gabbidon added 11.
Texas-Pan American led 39-32 at the half.
- Texas-Pan American defeats Texas-San Antonio 74-72
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four