Troy defeats Florida Atlantic 94-87
TROY, Ala. (AP)—Travis Lee and Michael Vogler scored 15 points apiece as Troy held off Florida Atlantic 94-87 on Thursday night.
Paul Graham III, Carlos Monroe and Carderro Nowoji combined for 74 of Florida Atlantic’s points, with Graham scoring 28 and the other two players tallying 23 apiece.
Troy (4-6, 1-1 Sun Belt Conference) took a 46-41 lead into halftime, but the Owls pulled ahead 61-58 on one of Nwoji’s five 3-pointers with 15:22 left. The Trojans regained the advantage at 65-63, then led by as many as 12 while holding the Owls scoreless from 14:09 to 8:49.
Florida Atlantic (4-7, 0-2) rallied to trail 85-81 with 1:42 left, but the Trojans made 9 of 10 free throws to seal the win.
Brandon Hazard added 14 points for Troy and Richard Delk and Regis Huddleston scored 11 apiece.
Florida Atlantic began the season 3-1, but has since lost six of seven.
- Troy defeats Florida Atlantic 94-87
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Oregon shut down Kansas to advance to Final Four
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina