Tennessee-Martin crushes Brescia 97-44
MARTIN, Tenn. (AP)—Lester Hudson scored 21 points as Tennessee-Martin beat Brescia 97-44 on Thursday night.
Hudson shot 8-for-15 from the field and 4-for-7 from 3-point range. He also added four steals for the Skyhawks (4-5). Benzor Simmons chipped in with 14 points.
Anthony Ingram, Andrew Howard and Seth Hart led the Bearcats (8-5) with seven points apiece.
The Skyhawks opened the game with an 11-0 run to give Brescia an early deficit. Tennessee-Martin led 44-25 at halftime before blowing the game open in the second half.
Brescia shot 28.8 percent from the field (15-for-52) and 17.6 percent from 3-point range (3-for-17). Tennessee-Martin shot 53.2 percent (33-for-62), including 52 percent from 3-point range (13-for-25).
The Skyhawks outrebounded Brescia 44-29 and scored 28 points off of the Bearcats’ 19 turnovers.
- Tennessee-Martin crushes Brescia 97-44
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown