North Texas tops Louisiana-Lafayette 78-64
LAFAYETTE, La. (AP)—Tristan Thompson scored a game-high 27 points to lead North Texas to a 78-64 victory over Louisiana-Lafayette on Thursday night.
Thompson shot 11 of 15, and drilled five 3-pointers for the Mean Green (8-2, 1-0 Sun Belt Conference). Eric Tramiel contributed with 10 points and nine rebounds.
The Ragin’ Cajuns (4-5, 0-1) were paced by Travis Bureau, who scored 14 points. Lamar Roberson had 12, and Ryan McCoy added 11.
The Mean Green went on a 12-4 run with 9:17 remaining in the first half, thanks to four consecutive 3-pointers: two from Thompson and one each by Collin Dennis and Adam McCoy. North Texas maintained a 34-28 lead at halftime, and used an 11-1 run in the second half to take a 50-36 lead with 12:18 remaining.
North Texas shot 61.1 percent from 3-point range (11-for-18).
- North Texas tops Louisiana-Lafayette 78-64
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Oregon team breakdown
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Butler team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown