North Florida beats Furman 77-66
GREENVILLE, S.C. (AP)—Eni Cuka scored 27 points to lead North Florida to its first victory of the season, a 77-66 win over Furman on Thursday night.
Cortez Riley and Stan Januska each scored 15 for the Ospreys (1-8). North Florida shot 56.1 percent from the field (23-for-41), and 81.8 percent from the free-throw line (27-for-33).
The Paladins (1-7) were led by Jordan Miller, who finished with 26. Alex Opacic chipped in with 14.
After going into halftime with a 30-23 lead, the Ospreys opened up the second half with a 12-2 run to take a 42-25 advantage. They maintained the lead, and the Paladins never got any closer than six.
- College basketball’s newest celebration fad is the ’3 goggles’
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action