Boone leads Arkansas St. to 61-41 win
JONESBORO, Ark. (AP)—Arkansas State’s Donald Boone scored 15 points and recorded five steals Thursday night as the Red Wolves opened Sun Belt Conference play with a 61-41 victory over Florida International.
Arkansas St. (8-2, 1-0) held FIU to 21 points in the first half, then just 20 points in the second half. The ASU defense forced 20 turnovers, including 13 steals.
Eric McKinney added 13 points for the Red Wolves, with Mike Lance coming off the bench to score 12.
The Golden Panthers (4-7, 0-1) were led by Freddy Asprilla with 14 points and 14 rebounds.
- Boone leads Arkansas St. to 61-41 win
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look