Gardner Webb defeats Western Carolina 96-90
CULLOWHEE, N.C. (AP)—Grayson Flittner scored a game-high 31 points and Gardner-Webb defeated Western Carolina 96-90 on Wednesday night.
The game was tied at 49-all at halftime, before Gardner-Webb (3-7) held Western Carolina (5-3) to 37.5 percent shooting (15 of 40) in the second half. The Catamounts, who were 8-for-34 from the 3-point line for the game, shot 18.8 percent from long range (3 of 16) in the second half.
Nate Blank, who finished the game with 15 points, led the Runnin’ Bulldogs in the second half with 12. Auryn MacMillan added 18 points for Gardner-Webb, followed by 11 from Jonathan Moore.
Jake Robinson led four Western Carolina players in double figures with 23 points. Brandon Giles added 17, Harouna Mutombo scored 11 and Brigham Waginger had 10.
- Gardner Webb defeats Western Carolina 96-90
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four