Georgia Tech beats Georgia State 84-64
ATLANTA (AP)—Gani Lawal had 23 points and 10 rebounds as Georgia Tech extended its winning streak against Atlanta rival Georgia State to 14 games with an 84-64 home victory Wednesday night.
Lewis Clinch, academically ineligible for the first semester, scored 18 in his first game and Iman Shumpert had 11 assists for the Yellow Jackets (6-2). Brad Sheehan came came off the bench to score 16.
Dante Curry had 21 points in his first game to lead Georgia State (3-7). The transfer from South Florida became eligible at the end of the first semester.
With Georgia State missing its first eight shots, Georgia Tech jumped to a 10-0 lead and was up by as many as 15 points at 31-16. But the Panthers went on a 10-4 run to cut the Yellow Jackets’ lead to 35-26 at halftime.
- Strange but true: A Bob Huggins team is thriving in the classroom
- Tennessee permitted to hire new AD before Hart's exit date
- Shawn Forrest named assistant coach for Jankovich at SMU
- Former Butler basketball star Joel Cornette dies at age 35
- Hamilton signs with Texas Tech after 3 seasons at DePaul
- Georgetown-Syracuse December game to honor Pearl Washington