Alabama defeats Tennessee State 75-66
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP)—Alonzo Gee scored 24 points and Alabama defeated Tennessee State 75-66 on Wednesday night.
It was the fifth-straight game that Gee led the Crimson Tide (6-3) in scoring.
Yamene Coleman added 14 points and a career-high 13 rebounds and Ronald Steele scored 13 points for Alabama.
For Tennessee State (3-6) Gerald Robinson had 15 points, Darius Cox scored 14 and Parker Smith added 10.
After falling behind 4-2 early, Alabama led the rest of the way. The Crimson Tide took their biggest lead of the game with 1:30 left in the first half as Coleman hit a jump hook for a 39-17 advantage.
With 12:46 left to play, Tennessee State brought the score to 54-40 on a layup by Robinson, but that was as close as the Tigers would get as Alabama responded with five unanswered points to push the lead to 54-50 with 9:49 remaining.
- Alabama defeats Tennessee State 75-66
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups