Seattle defeats UC Irvine 55-52
IRVINE, Calif. (AP)—Mike Boxley stole a pass and scored four points in the final half-minute to lift Seattle to a 55-52 victory over UC Irvine on Tuesday.
Boxley had eight points and seven rebounds and Shaun Burl added 10 points to lead the Redhawks (7-4).
Seattle led by as many as eight points with 2:55 left in the game, but Irvine (1-7) cut the deficit to 51-50 after Michael Hunter hit a 3-pointer with one minute left.
Boxley later stole a pass from Hunter, went the length of the court and laid it in with 22.5 seconds left. He made two free throws with 8.7 seconds to make the score 55-50.
Eric Wise led Irvine with 17 points and nine rebounds, and Hunter added nine points.
Irvine shot 19-for-51 (37 percent) from the floor.
- Seattle defeats UC Irvine 55-52
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done