Mississippi beats Alabama State 85-81
OXFORD, Miss. (AP)—David Huertas scored a game-high 25 points to lead Mississippi to an 85-81 win against Alabama State on Monday night.
Chris Warren scored 16 points, Murphy Holloway had 15 and Malcolm White chipped in with 12 for the Rebels (7-3).
Roland Fitch led the Hornets (1-6) with 22 points, and was 10 of 11 from the floor. Andrew Hayes scored 15 and Brandon Brooks had 11.
The Hornets outshot the Rebels, shooting 56.9 percent from the field (33 of 58) compared to a 48.4 percent mark (30 of 62) for Ole Miss. But the Rebels sank 20 free throws in the game versus just six for the Hornets.
Ole Miss outscored Alabama State 49-40 in the second half after trailing by five points at the break.
- Mississippi beats Alabama State 85-81
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense