UC Riverside beats Loyola Marymount 59-52
LOS ANGELES (AP)—Kyle Austin scored a career-high 20 points and UC Riverside beat Loyola Marymount 59-52 Monday.
Austin, playing in his first game since transferring from Southern California, made 8 of 15 shots as the Highlanders (6-2) won for only the second time in their last 18 road games.
The Lions (0-10), who shot 35 percent from the floor, have lost 18 straight games dating to February.
UC Riverside led 24-22 at halftime and led by six with about two minutes left when Austin scored consecutive baskets to seal the win.
The Lions trailed by as many as 11 points in the first half and were held to one basket over a 10-minute span before finishing the half on a 11-2 run.
LaRon Armstead led the Lions with 14 points and seven rebounds. Jarred Dubois added 12 points and six assists.
- UC Riverside beats Loyola Marymount 59-52
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look