Kent St. beats Youngstown St. 82-74
KENT, Ohio (AP)—Al Fisher scored 20 points to lead Kent State to an 82-74 victory over Youngstown State on Monday night.
Chris Singletary added 14 points and Anthony Simpson had 11 points to push Kent State (4-5) to a win in the second half.
The game remained close until Kent State’s Julian Sullinger broke a 40-40 tie with a layup with 15:39 left. The Golden Flashes never looked back, their lead surging to 21 points with 5:48 to go.
Vance Cooksey was the game’s leading scorer with 24 points off the bench for the Penguins (1-6). Kelvin Bright added 21 points for Youngstown State.
- Roy Williams insists dizzy spells are no big deal
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne