Central Michigan beats Alcorn State 74-66
MOUNT PLEASANT, Mich. (AP)—Jeremy Allen scored 22 points as Central Michigan defeated Alcorn State 74-66 on Monday night.
The Chippewas (3-5) opened the game with a 25-9 lead, but the Braves (2-8) came back to take a 57-48 lead with 8:53 left in the game.
Central Michigan answered with a 19-4 run to take a 67-61 lead with 2:46 to play, which it would not relinquish.
Allen had 16 of his game-high 22 points in the second half to go along with five rebounds. Jacolby Hardiman added 12 points and nine rebounds for Central Michigan, while Marcus Van had 13 points and seven rebounds.
Alcorn State was led by Anthony Ford, who had 17 points and six rebounds. Troy Jackson added 14 points and eight rebounds.
- Central Michigan beats Alcorn State 74-66
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2