Old Dominion defeats NC Central 79-54
NORFOLK, Va. (AP)—Keyon Carter, Ben Finney and Frank Hassell scored 12 points apiece to lead Old Dominion in a 79-54 win against North Carolina Central on Sunday.
Carter also grabbed a game-high 10 rebounds, notching a double-double for the Monarchs (4-3). Gerald Lee added 11 points and two blocks.
Philip Branch scored a game-high 15 points, including hitting 5 of 11 3-point attempts, to lead the Eagles (0-11).
The Monarchs shot 57.6 percent from the field (19 of 33) in the first half, earning them a 41-19 halftime lead. The Eagles were just 1 of 10 from beyond the arc in the opening half.
Old Dominion outrebounded N.C. Central 46-25 in the contest, and got 30 bench points compared to nine for the Eagles to help seal the victory.
N.C. Central is now 4-37 since transitioning to Division I to start the 2007-2008 season.
- Old Dominion defeats NC Central 79-54
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Oregon shut down Kansas to advance to Final Four
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina