UNLV beats W. Michigan 70-61
LAS VEGAS (AP)—Wink Adams scored 18 points to lead UNLV past Western Michigan 70-61 on Sunday.
Rene Rougeau added 11 points and a game-high seven rebounds for UNLV (8-2), while Joe Darger and Brice Massamba each had eight points.
After being behind by as many as 13 points in the second half, Western Michigan cut its deficit to 65-59 with 1:53 to play with a 7-0 run, including a 3-pointer from Derek Drews. But UNLV made 5-of-6 foul shots in the final minute and kept Western Michigan from scoring until there were 13 seconds left.
UNLV led by eight points in the first half before Western Michigan rallied to tie the game at 23 with 2:30 to play in the half. But UNLV’s Oscar Bellfield and Darger hit consecutive 3-pointers and the Rebels closed the half on an 11-4 run.
Drews had a game-high 19 points to lead Western Michigan (2-8), while David Kool added 10.
- UNLV beats W. Michigan 70-61
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?