Moten scores 15 as Bowling Green tops Detroit
BOWLING GREEN, Ohio (AP)—Brian Moten scored 15 points to lead Bowling Green to an easy 58-38 win over visiting Detroit on Sunday night.
Darryl Clements and Joe Jakubowski added 13 a piece for the Falcons (4-4), who led the entire game after tying it 4-4 with 17 minutes to play in the first half.
Detroit (2-6) shot a lowly 23 percent from the field, including hitting only 17 percent (4-of-23) in the first half and one of 10 shots from behind the 3-point line for the game.
Woody Payne scored 12 points for Detroit, while Chris Hayes added 10.
Bowling Green shot 40 percent from the field and also buried Detroit with rebounds, grabbing 49 to Detroit’s 28. That led to 19 second-chance points for the Falcons compared to seven for Detroit.
- Moten scores 15 as Bowling Green tops Detroit
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four