Moten scores 15 as Bowling Green tops Detroit
BOWLING GREEN, Ohio (AP)—Brian Moten scored 15 points to lead Bowling Green to an easy 58-38 win over visiting Detroit on Sunday night.
Darryl Clements and Joe Jakubowski added 13 a piece for the Falcons (4-4), who led the entire game after tying it 4-4 with 17 minutes to play in the first half.
Detroit (2-6) shot a lowly 23 percent from the field, including hitting only 17 percent (4-of-23) in the first half and one of 10 shots from behind the 3-point line for the game.
Woody Payne scored 12 points for Detroit, while Chris Hayes added 10.
Bowling Green shot 40 percent from the field and also buried Detroit with rebounds, grabbing 49 to Detroit’s 28. That led to 19 second-chance points for the Falcons compared to seven for Detroit.
- Moten scores 15 as Bowling Green tops Detroit
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?