Utah St. beats Utah Valley St. 69-50
OREM, Utah (AP)—Gary Wilkinson scored a game-high 29 points as Utah State cruised to a 69-50 victory over Utah Valley on Saturday night.
Wilkinson’s teammate in the post, Tai Wesley, chipped in with 11 points and eight rebounds as the Aggie frontcourt dominated the Wolverines in the win.
Utah State (6-1) ran away in the second half after using a 12-4 run to close out the first period of play with a 34-18 advantage.
Ryan Toolson led the way for Utah Valley (5-4) by scoring 25 points. Josh Olsen added seven points to go along with four assists.
The Aggies’ Tyler Newbold also scored in double figures with 10 points and five rebounds.
- North Carolina repeals HB2 on day of NCAA deadline, but new bill isn't full reversal
- Where does 2017 North Carolina rank among Roy Williams' best teams at UNC?
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin is the world's biggest Pitbull fan
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season