St. Bonaventure beats Maryland Eastern Shore 75-60
OLEAN, N.Y. (AP)—Chris Matthews scored 16 points and hit five 3-pointers, leading St. Bonaventure to a 75-60 win over Maryland Eastern Shore on Saturday.
Jonathan Hall scored 13 points and grabbed seven rebounds for the Bonnies (5-3). Ray Blackburn scored 11 points, while Maurice Thomas led the Bonnies? defensive effort with 10 rebounds.
Neal Pitt scored a game-high 20 points and had 11 rebounds for the Hawks. Keishawn Mayes scored 12 points, and Chris Conner added 11.
St. Bonaventure controlled the game from tip-off. The only tie of the game came with the score knotted 2-2 to start the first half.
Maryland Eastern Shore (1-6) cut the lead to 23-20 with 7:32 remaining in the first half, but the Bonnies responded with a 10-2 run to retake control of the game.
- St. Bonaventure beats Maryland Eastern Shore 75-60
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0