Weber State beats Southern Utah 66-62
CEDAR CITY, Utah (AP)—Weber State held off a Southern Utah rally in the last three minutes to beat the Thunderbirds 66-62 Saturday night.
Kellen McCoy made two free throws with 1.9 seconds left for Weber State (4-4, 0-0 Big Sky).
Davis Baker led Southern Utah (3-6, 2-0 Summit) with 27 points.
Weber State shot 58 percent in the second half and built a 12-point lead after trailing 26-24 at halftime.
Davis’ jumper put Weber State ahead 59-49 with 2:49 remaining. Then Baker hit a 3-pointer, Quinney made a layup, and Baker sank two free throws to pull the Thunderbirds within three, 59-56, with 59 seconds left.
Davis made two free throws and Southern Utah’s David Marek countered with a 3-pointer to make it 61-59.
In a duel of fouls and free throws in the final 20 seconds, Weber State kept the upper hand, going 5-for-6 from the foul line, while Southern Utah went 3-for-4.
- Wild brawl ends Georgetown’s exhibition game in China early
- Louisville's Pitino awaits NCAA interview about sex scandal
- Villanova No. 1 in AP college hoops poll for first time
- UNLV loses freshman center Zimmerman to sprained left knee
- White-hot Warney leads Stony Brook past Hartford 85-72
- Chattanooga gets 72-66 OT win over Mercer in SoCon showdown