Catawba 67, N.C.-Asheville 84
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP)—Reid Augst scored 20 points and North Carolina Asheville defeated Catawba 84-67 on Saturday.
The Bulldogs (4-5) held Catawba (8-1) to 32.5 percent from the field (15 of 77) as the Division II team suffered its first loss.
Augst joined three other players in double figures for the Bulldogs as Jason Ridenhour scored 17, Eric Stubbs had 12 and eight rebounds, and J.P. Primm notched 11 points.
Donzell Williams equaled a 14 points for the Indians, while Dominick Reid added 11. Catawba’s leading scorer Antonio Houston (20.1 points per game), was held to four points on 1-of-13 shooting.
Catawba was 5 of 25 from 3-point range in the first meeting of the two schools since the Indians won 74-55 in the 1983 District 26 Championship game.
- Catawba 67, N.C.-Asheville 84
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four