Loyola defeats UMKC 52-47
CHICAGO (AP)—J.R. Blount had 19 points and Leon Young, playing in his first game this season, added 11 points as Loyola-Chicago defeated Missouri-Kansas City 52-47 on Saturday.
Young missed the season so far for Loyola (5-5) because of an arm injury, but came off the bench in the first half. He had seven rebounds.
Loyola won despite shooting 32 percent from the field.
Dane Brumagin led UMKC (4-7) with 16 points, all but two of them coming in the second half.
Spencer Johnson and Reggie Hamilton each added 14 points for the Kangaroos. UMKC held the Ramblers to a 21-19 edge at the half.
UMKC took a brief lead late in the game, on a 3-pointer from Latreze Mushatt with just under 8 minutes to go.
The game stayed tied until Loyola’s Darrin Williams scored five points in a row for the Ramblers.
The Ramblers extended the lead to eight points, their widest margin of the game, by one free throw by Blount and two from Young.
- Loyola defeats UMKC 52-47
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case