Louisiana Tech tops Centenary 77-71
BOSSIER CITY, La. (AP)—Jamel Guyton scored 22 to lead Louisiana Tech to a 77-71 win over Centenary on Saturday night.
Kyle Gibson added 20 points for the Bulldogs (5-4), who won their third straight game. David Jackson chipped in with 15 points and nine rebounds. Kenneth Cooper finished with 12 points and 11 rebounds for Louisiana Tech.
The Gents (2-9) were led by Nick Stallings, who scored 25 points on 8 of 17 shooting. Gary Redus added 18 points.
Louisiana Tech outrebounded Centenary 43-24. They also shot 46.9 percent from the field (23-for-49), including 50 percent from 3-point range (7-for-14).
Centenary has now lost four straight games.
- Louisiana Tech tops Centenary 77-71
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four