Louisiana Tech tops Centenary 77-71
BOSSIER CITY, La. (AP)—Jamel Guyton scored 22 to lead Louisiana Tech to a 77-71 win over Centenary on Saturday night.
Kyle Gibson added 20 points for the Bulldogs (5-4), who won their third straight game. David Jackson chipped in with 15 points and nine rebounds. Kenneth Cooper finished with 12 points and 11 rebounds for Louisiana Tech.
The Gents (2-9) were led by Nick Stallings, who scored 25 points on 8 of 17 shooting. Gary Redus added 18 points.
Louisiana Tech outrebounded Centenary 43-24. They also shot 46.9 percent from the field (23-for-49), including 50 percent from 3-point range (7-for-14).
Centenary has now lost four straight games.
- North Carolina-Illinois Preview
- Jok scores 23 to lead No. 5 Iowa past Illinois, 77-65
- Brooks scores 30 as No. 16 Oregon beats Utah 76-66
- Miller, Purvis lead UConn to 85-67 win over East Carolina
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win