Johnson leads LIU over New Hampshire 76-72
NEW YORK (AP)—Kyle Johnson had 18 of his 25 points in the second half and Long Island University held off New Hampshire 76-72 on Saturday.
Jaytornah Wisseh and Julian Boyd each added 10 points for the Blackbirds (3-5), who led 34-29 at halftime.
Alvin Abreu had 18 points for the Wildcats (3-5), while Tyrece Gibbs added 15.
A layup by David Hicks gave New Hampshire its last lead at 16-15. The Blackbirds then went on a 10-0 run that was capped by a layup by Johnson and they never trailed again.
- Johnson leads LIU over New Hampshire 76-72
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot