Johnson leads LIU over New Hampshire 76-72
NEW YORK (AP)—Kyle Johnson had 18 of his 25 points in the second half and Long Island University held off New Hampshire 76-72 on Saturday.
Jaytornah Wisseh and Julian Boyd each added 10 points for the Blackbirds (3-5), who led 34-29 at halftime.
Alvin Abreu had 18 points for the Wildcats (3-5), while Tyrece Gibbs added 15.
A layup by David Hicks gave New Hampshire its last lead at 16-15. The Blackbirds then went on a 10-0 run that was capped by a layup by Johnson and they never trailed again.
- Bearcats coach Mick Cronin: Nothing to see here
- Tennessee permitted to hire new AD before Hart's exit date
- Shawn Forrest named assistant coach for Jankovich at SMU
- Former Butler basketball star Joel Cornette dies at age 35
- Hamilton signs with Texas Tech after 3 seasons at DePaul
- Georgetown-Syracuse December game to honor Pearl Washington