Creighton cruises past N. Colorado 85-66
OMAHA, Neb. (AP)—Creighton shot 62 percent from the floor while making six of 10 shots from 3-point range in the second half to pull away from pesky Northern Colorado for an 85-66 win Saturday.
The Bluejays (7-2) led by only four at intermission before hitting nine of their first 13 shots after halftime to take control on the opening day of play in the Findlay Toyota Las Vegas Classic.
Booker Woodfox led Creighton with 16 points. Kaleb Korver canned four of Creighton’s 10 3-pointers, including two in a nine-second span late in the game, to finish with a career-high 14 points.
Will Figures had 17 points for Northern Colorado, which was outscored 37-19 over the final 15:30, to lead all scorers. The Bears dropped their third straight game.
- Ticket scandal rocks Kansas
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons