Coastal Carolina defeats Southern Virginia 89-59
CONWAY, S.C. (AP)—Steven Sexton scored 18 points and Coastal Carolina defeated Southern Virginia on Saturday.
Sexton scored 14 points in the first half which Coastal Carolina led 45-29.
The Chanticleers (2-6) took their first lead of the game, 18-16, on Mario Edward’s 3-pointer with 12:32 left in the half. The Knights (5-5) again tied the score at 25-25 on a 3-pointer by Ade Swann with 9:00 until halftime, but Coastal Carolina reclaimed the lead for good on Edwards’ layup with 8:42 remaining.
The Chanticleers, who shot 63 percent from the field (17 of 27) in the first half, ended the half on an 18-3 run.
Anthony Breeze also scored 18 for Coastal Carolina as Mario Siusinni added 11.
Southern Virginia was led by Swann and J.J. Holt with 12 points apiece, and Cory Evans and Bryce Pendelton with 11 each.
- Princeton defeats Cornell 61-41
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner
- Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim has a sudden wealth of depth
- NCAA accuses Louisville, Pitino of violations in escort case
- Arizona adds to 2017 class with Lee's commitment
- Two conferences to experiment with restricted arc appeals