Clemson beats South Carolina State 90-63
CLEMSON, S.C. (AP)—K.C. Rivers scored 19 points and Trevor Booker added 18 to lead Clemson to a 90-63 victory over South Carolina State on Saturday.
The win marked the fourth straight season the Tigers (10-0)won their first 10 games.
Clemson led by 24 points at halftime and by many as 30 in the second half.
David Potter’s 3-pointer gave the Tigers a 66-36 advantage with 11:25 left in the second half, as the Bulldogs (5-4) never got closer than 23 points the rest of the way.
Jason Flagler scored 17 points to lead the Bulldogs and Wesley Telfare added 13 points.
Terrence Oglesby hit four 3-pointers in less five minutes as the Tigers expanded an early 18-15 lead to 33-17. Oglesby finished with 14 points.
Led by Oglesby and Rivers, the Tigers pulled out to a 47-23 halftime advantage.
- Clemson beats South Carolina State 90-63
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- Xavier hits insane 80-foot shot, waved off after review (Video)
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested,' and 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare