Murry leads Wichita St. over Gardner-Webb 76-64
WICHITA, Kan. (AP)—Toure Murry scored 13 of his season-high 19 points in the first half as Wichita State beat Gardner-Webb 76-53 on Friday night.
J.T. Durley and Clevin Hannah added 12 points each for the Shockers (4-5), who had mustered just 48 points in a loss to TCU four nights earlier.
Gardner-Webb (2-6) was led by 17 points each from Auryn MacMillan and Aaron Linn.
Trailing 41-32 at halftime, the Bulldogs began narrowing the gap early in the second period and got as close as 49-43 on a Linn jumper with 14:27 left in the game.
But Murry and Durley combined for nine of the games’s next nine points, and Wichita State led by at least eight the rest of the way.
Wichita State was 10-of-27 from 3-point range for a 37 percent clip. Gardner-Webb hit just two of 17 attempted 3-pointers.
- Murry leads Wichita St. over Gardner-Webb 76-64
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense