Milbourne leads Maryland past Delaware State 86-58
COLLEGE PARK, Md. (AP)—Landon Milbourne scored a career-high 23 points, and three other Maryland players reached double figures Friday night in an 86-58 rout of Delaware State.
The Terrapins (7-2) never trailed in their third straight victory. Maryland is 5-0 at home and 58-4 in non-conference home games since the start of the 2002 season.
Up by 19 at halftime, the Terps opened the second half with a 7-0 run to make it 47-21. Eric Hayes led the charge, sinking a pair of 3-pointers around a free throw by Adrian Bowie.
Milbourne went 9-for-12 from the floor, made all five free throws and grabbed seven rebounds. Greivis Vasquez had 16 points, eight rebounds and seven assists, and Hayes and Bowie each scored 12.
Kris Douse scored 14, and Arturo Dubois had 12 points and eight rebounds for Delaware State (2-11). The Hornets are 0-10 on the road this season.
- Milbourne leads Maryland past Delaware State 86-58
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2