Cooperwood hits 19 in 62-55 win by Wright St.
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP)—Cory Cooperwood hit 7-of-11 of his shots from the field and all four of his free throws to score 19 points Friday night as Wright State topped Arkansas-Little Rock 62-55.
Wright State (2-6) used 66 percent shooting in the first half to get a 39-31 lead at halftime that UALR (6-2) couldn’t overcome. The Trojans made only 39 percent of their field-goal attempts in the entire game.
John David Gardner added 11 points for Wright State.
UALR’s scoring was led by Steven Moore, with 18 points, while Matt Mouzy scored 14. Moore also led the Trojans in assists, with five.
- Meet the LeMoyne Dolphins, Syracuse's exhibition nightmare
- No. 7 Virginia back track with a little luck, lots of 'D'
- Florida St looking to continue success against zone defenses
- Selection Sunday is just 5 weeks away
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Watson's 32 leads Creighton to 70-56 upset of No. 5 Xavier