Wisconsin-Green Bay beats Idaho State 68-53
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP)—Troy Cotton scored 22 points to lead Wisconsin-Green Bay to a 68-53 victory over Idaho State Thursday night.
Cotton rescued the cold-shooting Phoenix in the first half by hitting four 3-pointers and scoring 16 points.
His second 3-pointer in the first 5-plus minutes of the second half capped a 14-2 run that gave Green Bay a 49-39 lead.
Terry Evans added 10 points, including a fast-break dunk off a steal during the key second-half run.
The Phoenix (6-2) has won six consecutive games for the first time in four years.
The Bengals (2-7), who lost 60-58 to Wisconsin in Madison Tuesday night, shot 59.1 percent in the first half but still trailed 35-34.
Kal Bay scored 15 points for Idaho State but had only three in the second half, when the Bengals shot 28 percent.
- Wisconsin-Green Bay beats Idaho State 68-53
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set