Wisconsin-Green Bay beats Idaho State 68-53
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP)—Troy Cotton scored 22 points to lead Wisconsin-Green Bay to a 68-53 victory over Idaho State Thursday night.
Cotton rescued the cold-shooting Phoenix in the first half by hitting four 3-pointers and scoring 16 points.
His second 3-pointer in the first 5-plus minutes of the second half capped a 14-2 run that gave Green Bay a 49-39 lead.
Terry Evans added 10 points, including a fast-break dunk off a steal during the key second-half run.
The Phoenix (6-2) has won six consecutive games for the first time in four years.
The Bengals (2-7), who lost 60-58 to Wisconsin in Madison Tuesday night, shot 59.1 percent in the first half but still trailed 35-34.
Kal Bay scored 15 points for Idaho State but had only three in the second half, when the Bengals shot 28 percent.
- Wisconsin-Green Bay beats Idaho State 68-53
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?