Weber St. beats Long Beach St. 72-63
OGDEN, Utah (AP)—Kellen McCoy and Damian Lillard scored 15 points apiece and were among five Weber State players to score in double-figures as the Wildcats defeated Long Beach State 72-63 on Thursday night.
Weber State (3-4) pulled away from the 49ers in the second half with a 20-6 run to take a 47-33 lead with 12:32 remaining in the game. Nick Hansen had nine of his 12 points during the stretch, all coming on 3-pointers.
Daviin Davis had 14 points for WSU, and Kyle Bullinger finished with 10.
Donovan Morris pulled Long Beach State (4-4) to within five points twice in the final 2:10, but the Wildcats made six free throws in the final 1:37 to seal the win.
T.J. Robinson led the 49ers with 18 points and 10 rebounds, while Larry Anderson scored 15 and Morris finished with 14.
- Thompson leads Washington State over Gonzaga 81-59
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne