St. Peter’s 51, N.J. Tech 38
NEWARK, N.J. (AP)—Nick Leon led all scorers with 20 points as St. Peter’s defeated New Jersey Institute of Technology 51-38 Wednesday night. It was the Highlanders’ 42nd consecutive loss.
St. Peter’s (3-5), trailing 26-22 with 13:19 left to play, outscored NJIT by 17 points the rest of the way to claim its second win in a row.
Leon scored 13 of his points in the second half, including 11 from the free throw line. He scored six in the pivotal 10-0 Peacock run that turned the 26-22 deficit into a 32-26 lead with 6:11 left.
Ryan Bacon added 12 points for the winners.
The only double-figure scorer for NJIT was Jheryl Wilson, who finished with 10 points.
NJIT (0-9) has not won since it defeated Longwood on February 19, 2007.
- St. Peter's 51, N.J. Tech 38
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?